When it comes to the Fourth of July, we all get so excited to gorge ourselves on barbecue, enjoy time with friends and family, drink all sorts of alcohol, and see the beautiful fireworks show. When it comes to any holiday, you are looking forward to a lot of fun. If that fun involves alcohol, or just includes you being out for many draining hours, then having someone else drive you to and from the celebrations can be the best route. Having fun and not driving can always help in making great memories for a holiday.
In most states, July is one of the hottest months of the year. In some places, you can go to a cookout and ending up suffering heat stroke or feeling drained of energy because of being out in the sun all day. The heat and the sun do not make the holiday any less fun, but it certainly can make you feel exhausted. Getting a car service on the 4th of July can help to make your holiday a great deal easier. Not having to drive yourself during the most dangerous driving holiday of the year will not only enhance your 4th of July celebrations but it will also make your drive home safer.
Reasons to get a car service
• You won’t have to worry about driving – 4th of July is one of the busiest driving days and a lot of people will be on the roads. Not having to drive frees you up from all the traffic and headaches that come with driving when the traffic is congested.
• You can indulge in food or alcohol without worrying about getting home – as, with any American holiday, 4th of July celebrations are a great day to indulge in hamburgers, hotdogs and all sorts of other delicious barbequed food. If you end up overindulging on food or libations, you can lay down in the backseat while someone else drives you. And unlike when your friends or family are driving you home you won’t hear, “I told you so!”
• You have a professional driving – People who drive for car service companies are professional chauffeurs. You don’t have to worry about their driving and the fun that they may have had on the 4th because they will be doing their job.
• The chauffeur is where you need them to be when you tell them to be there – When you have a professional driver taking you to and from your July 4th celebrations they will be on time to get you to your holiday fun and they will be on time picking you up. Unless you cut things short during the festivities you shouldn’t have to wait for your ride to show up.
• You don’t have to worry about gas – Sometimes having to stop for gas can be a pain when it comes the holidays. If people get stuck in traffic than everyone might end up needing to gas up at that 1 station that they see coming up in several miles. A chauffeur will have planned ahead and gotten gas before coming to get you and they are checking traffic via GPS.
• You don’t have to worry about finding a parking space – So often trying to find a parking space can cause huge issues when it comes to any sort of celebration. When you have a hired chauffeur taking you places, they can drop you off near the entrance and pick you up in the same spot. You won’t have to worry about paying for parking or how far you may have to walk from the parking space.
2018 Independence Day facts
• Americans consumed about 150 million hot dogs in 2018.
• Americans spent about $150 million on watermelon in 2018.
• 46.9 million Americans traveled 50 miles or more away from their homes for the 4th of July, 2018 – a 5 percent increase from 2017.
• According to INRIX, a global transportation analytics company, the busiest travel day will be July 3rd. It is estimated that 39.7 million Americans traveled by a car that Tuesday in 2018.
• Americans can spend up to $1 billion on beer for Independence Day. 4th of July is the country’s top beer-drinking holiday.
• Over 700 million pounds of chicken and 190 million pounds of beef for the 4th of July were grilled.
• Americans are known to purchase 500 million gallons of ice cream for celebrations on the 4th.
• Around 690 people visit the ER with injuries related to fireworks each Independence Day.
• Most common injured body parts by fireworks are hands/fingers (36% of injuries), eyes (19% of injuries), legs (10% of injuries), and arms (5% of injuries). At least 50% of fireworks-related injuries burns.
• Sparklers are the leading cause of injuries on Independence Day, with temperatures reaching more than 1,200 degrees F.
• 4th of July is the most dangerous day of the year for people traveling by car. There were reports of 1.5 million DUI arrests in 2018 and 115 million people are suspected to be drinking under the influence.
*information provided by Northeastern.edu
Top 10 Fourth of July Destinations
This list is supplied by Food and Wine
1. Las Vegas, NV
2. New York, NY
3. Chicago, IL
4. Washington, DC
5. San Diego, CA
6. New Orleans, LA
7. Boston, MA
8. Orlando, FL
9. Denver, CO
10. San Francisco, CA
You don’t have to get drunk, overeat or get sun/heat stroke to benefit from a professional chauffeur on the 4th of July. Having a chauffeur will certainly take the stress off of you and your loved ones which will definitely enhance the holiday celebrations. If you are usually the one who is making a great memory for a holiday than you don’t want to miss out on the fun for anything. Not having to worry about your own safety on the roadways and the safety of others will certainly be an added bonus at the end of your day. The beautiful thing is you can have your fun and get home safely.