Congratulations, you're getting married!
Almost everyone has a picture of their ideal wedding in their mind. While it's easy to get caught up in the romance, preparing for that special day can be costly and overwhelming. At H&H Limousine we understand how important it is to make your celebration a day of uncompromised perfection for your partner and guests.
To help you begin planning for that dream wedding, we have put together a comprehensive checklist to keep you under budget and on schedule.
- Determine your budget.
- Start your guest list.
- Pick your wedding party.
- Set a date.
- Finalize a venue (make sure they can accommodate enough people and your date is available).
- Book your officiant
- Research photographers, bands, florists, and caterers. Get trusted recommendations.
- Throw an engagement party. Keep in mind, the people you invite to your engagement party should also be on your wedding guest list.
- Hire your photographer and videographer. Use your engagement shoot as a “test-run” to make sure they’re exactly what you want.
- Hire your entertainment. If you’re hiring a DJ for the reception you might need to hire someone else for your ceremony.
- Book your caterer. Not all venues have in-house catering. Whether there is a preferred vendor list or not, you want to make sure you schedule a food tasting.
- Start shopping around for your dress.
- Pick out your wedding colors.
- Launch your wedding website as well as concepts for your 'save the date' and invitations.
- Hire your florist.
- Book your lighting and linen (if not provided by your venue).
- Start your gift registry.
- H&H Limousine can send out your save the dates at 6 months.
- Pick out bridesmaid dresses.
- Buy your dress.
- Schedule cake tastings.
- Set aside a block of rooms at a nearby hotel if you have a lot of out-of-town guests.
- Decide on the men’s attire (align it appropriately with the setting of your wedding).
- Make your reservations for your honeymoon (do you both have your passports?).
- Book your rehearsal dinner venue and menu. Trust H&H Limousine for your group transportation.
- Take dance lessons
- Send out your invitations in 3 months.
- Get accessories for both bride and groom—jewelry, veil, shoes, tie, etc. (don’t forget your something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a six pence for your shoe).
- Get your wedding favors for your bridal party as well as your guests.
- Decide on ceremony readings.
- Make sure all bridal party attire has been ordered.
- Still haven’t registered for those gifts? You’ll want to have this done prior to your Bridal Shower.
- Arrange day-of transportation with H&H Limousine.
- Finalize your ceremony programs.
- Write your vows (if you’re writing your own)
- With your seamstress, schedule all your dress fittings.
- Confirm the rest of the wedding party has had any necessary alterations done.
- Pick out a guest book.
- Book your trial hair and makeup run.
- Finalize music with your deejay.
- Give your photographer must-have photos list.
- Arrange H&H Limousine airport sedan service for out-of-town guests.
Less than 1 Month
- Get your marriage license
- Get the paperwork together to change your name if you’re doing so.
- Contact anyone who hasn’t RSVP’d (there will be more than you would expect).
- Give a final headcount to your caterer.
- Finalize your seating chart.
- Put together escort cards.
- Get confirmation from all your vendors—this includes their arrival time as well as when your final payment is due.
- Get final hair cuts.
- Designate a member of the bridal party or a family member to be in charge of tipping your vendors at the end of the ceremony.
- Book H&H Limousine for your Bachelor/Bachelorette Party needs.
- Stress is inevitable but ultimately it’s your day… enjoy every minute of it!
Side note – Pre-wedding day tips
- Confirm your day-of wedding coordinator.
- Finalize your wedding checklist.
- Spend some alone time with your fiance.
- Don't be afraid to delegate.
- Make sure your gown and shoes fit perfectly.
- Go to a spa to pamper yourself.
- Get a good night's sleep.
***Article first published on April 27, 2017